Parents and Families
Summer Learning and Resources:
We want to continue to provide opportunities for your children to connect and engage through the summer months.
- Students can keep their Chromebooks and continue to log into their APS Google Accounts.
- Boys and Girls Club will offer virtual learning experiences for students through the end of June. Please contact Steven or Kerry to enroll.
- Summer reading thru Barnes and Noble starts July 1st.
- iReady lessons will be available to students through the end of June.
Helpful Resources for Families
If your child or someone in your family is struggling because of COVID-19, we have compiled this list of mental health resources you can access throughout the summer months.
Keep Reading All Summer Long!
Sora is always available - you can always find great ebooks and audiobooks with Sora. In addition to the thousands of great titles in the collection, Sora has added 3000 always available Summer Sweet Reads titles!
Find Sora in Clever on your APS Chromebook, download the app to your phone or tablet, or go to www.ebooks.aurorak12.org in your browser. Use your APS Google email credentials to log in.
2020-2021 School Year Information
While there are still lots of details we don’t yet know, here are a few that we DO know:
- Virginia Court will be on a construction calendar next year. Our start date and school breaks will be mostly the same but we will have an extended school day and end by early May.
- Due to the scope of the construction project, we will temporarily lose some of our learning spaces. As a result, our Family Literacy Program will not be available at Virginia Court next year.
- Our staff will be working hard all summer to make sure we are ready to provide high quality learning to our students when we return in the fall, regardless of the format we are able to provide.
- Boys and Girls Club will continue to provide after school programming. Next year, care will be available until 6:00 p.m.
A Brief Message from principal Kim pippenger
I will still be working through most of the summer and available if you have questions or concerns. Feel free to call, email or text so we can stay connected through the summer months.
Yours in partnership,
We value relationships with our families! If you have a question or concern, please contact us:
Main Office (English): (720) 900-2085, firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Office (Spanish): (720) 608-1719, email@example.com
Kim Pippenger: Principal, (720) 295-2796, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Sellers: Assistant Principal, (720) 767-2550, email@example.com
Joel Hendrickson: Dean of Students, firstname.lastname@example.org
Aaron De La Cruz: Family Liaison, (720) 767-3765, email@example.com (Spanish/English)
Stop by to see us or call for an appointment!
Students leaving Kindergarten and 1st Grade