May 26, 2020
Hello wonderful Wildcat Families!
We are sending warm wishes to you as summer break has officially begun! Beginning June 1st, Virginia Court will be offering summer learning opportunities for students. If you would like to sign your student up for a class, please complete the “Summer Learning” form by this Friday, May 29th. Details about the learning opportunities and “Summer Learning” form can be found in the May 21st parent communication letter or on the homepage of the Virginia Court website. We hope to see all of our amazing students during the summer months. Be safe and well and we will see you again very soon!
To enroll in a session, please complete the Summer Learning form by Friday, May 29th.
May 21, 2020
I know that APS is developing a plan for next year and it is my hope that we will be able to move closer to “normal” as August approaches. We will definitely stay connected to you throughout the summer so keep an eye out for emails and phone calls as we learn more about what school will look like into the fall.
Summer Learning and Resources:
We want to continue to provide opportunities for your children to connect and engage through the summer months.
Please check out the Summer School opportunities HERE and sign up by May 29, 2020
- Students can keep their Chromebooks and continue to log into their APS Google Accounts.
- Boys and Girls Club will offer virtual learning experiences for students through the end of June. Please contact Steven or Kerry to enroll.
- Summer reading thru Barnes and Noble starts July 1st.
- iReady lessons will be available to students through the end of June.
- Virginia Court teachers will also offer continued learning
- Teachers will meet with students to do online learning twice a week for one hour each. More opportunities will be provided for students to continue learning throughout the week as your schedules permit.
- Please choose ONE session to attend regularly.
- Classes start June 1st and end July 24.
- Students are asked to attend every session!
- Office hours for parents and students will be available each week.
- If your child or someone in your family is struggling because of COVID-19, we have compiled this list of mental health resources you can access throughout the summer months.
Keep Reading All Summer Long!
Sora is always available - you can always find great ebooks and audiobooks with Sora. In addition to the thousands of great titles in the collection, Sora has added 3000 always available Summer Sweet Reads titles!
Find Sora in Clever on your APS Chromebook, download the app to your phone or tablet, or go to www.ebooks.aurorak12.org in your browser. Use your APS Google email credentials to log in.
2020-2021 School Year Information
While there are still lots of details we don’t yet know, here are a few that we DO know:
- Virginia Court will be on a construction calendar next year. Our start date and school breaks will be mostly the same but we will have an extended school day and end by early May.
- Due to the scope of the construction project, we will temporarily lose some of our learning spaces. As a result, our Family Literacy Program will not be available at Virginia Court next year.
- Our staff will be working hard all summer to make sure we are ready to provide high quality learning to our students when we return in the fall, regardless of the format we are able to provide.
- Boys and Girls Club will continue to provide after school programming. Next year, care will be available until 6:00 p.m.
I will still be working through most of the summer and available if you have questions or concerns. Feel free to call, email or text so we can stay connected through the summer months.
Yours in partnership,
Principal, Virginia Court
May 15, 2020
It’s nearing the end of a busy and unusual school year. Your child has learned a lot. They read new books and they mastered new skills. Now is the perfect time to talk about all of the lessons they’ve learned. We hope that with virtual learning your student is able to connect with their teacher and classmates everyday during the connection circle. We have enjoyed spending this year with your child and with you!
Gateway High School will be hosting two webinars this Thursday (the 14th) for our area families, one in English at 11 am and one in Spanish at 11:45 am. These sessions will offer families ready-to-go resources to help their children in grades K-12 continue to learn over the summer. Please help us advertise this free webinar, flyers attached, to your families on your webpage and Peach Jar if you have time. There will be drawings for two $25 gift cards for each of the sessions! HTTPS://COMMUNITIESINSCHOOL S.ZOOM.US/J/95980965959
End of Year Information:
The last day of school will be May 21st for students in K-5. The last day for preschool is May 20th. Please plan to join us for a virtual dance party to mark the end of the school year on May 21st from 5:00-6:30 p.m. Here is the login information:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 470 768 9767
May 7, 2020
It was another great week of remote learning for Virginia Court Wildcats! Thank you for all you are doing to make sure your child is still logging in to daily connection circles and working hard on their iReady lessons. Thank you also to the families that joined our virtual parent meeting this week.
This week was also Teacher Appreciation Week. We all love the hard working teachers and support staff of our school and want to make sure they know it! If you’d like to send a message to your child’s teacher to tell them “thanks”, it would mean the world to them.
As we head into the final two weeks of school, we want to share some important information:
The last day of school will be May 21st for students in K-5. The last day for preschool is May 20th. Please plan to join us for a virtual dance party to mark the end of the school year on May 21st from 5:00-6:30 p.m. A Zoom invitation and password will be sent as we get closer to the event.
We are working on some summer learning opportunities for our students. iReady will be available to students through June 30. In addition, Boys and Girls Club is offering virtual learning for club members starting on May 11. Please contact Steven or Kerry for more information.
Families can order yearbooks online through LifeTouch directly. Yearbooks will be available at next year’s Back to School Night for families that ordered them. aa
Yearbook Code: 13844620
Families can retrieve student items on May 14 from 2:00p.m. to 5:00p.m. or May 15 from 10:00a.m. to 1:00 p.m.. Families with a student who is considered vulnerable or medically fragile can pick up items on May 14 from 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. Please contact your child’s teacher to let them know if there’s something you need. We will also do our best to make sure we have Lifetouch spring pictures ready for you.
- If anyone in your family is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to the school. Please check your temperature before arriving at school. (If you are not able to pick up on these dates due to exposure or illness, we will make arrangements in the coming weeks)
- Please wear a mask when coming to the school.
- Only 1 family member should come to the school.
- Social distancing (6 feet) is required at all times.
Procedure for pick-up:
- When you arrive, please text your child’s name to 720-295-2796
- We will bring your child’s bagged items to the double doors in the front of the school. Please stand back while we place items.
- Once staff returns to the building, approach the table and take your child’s items.
Thank you for your continued support of our school community during this time. We are here for you so please reach out if we can help.
Principal, Virginia Court